Knights Enham Junior School is a safe and stimulating environment where children encounter challenging and creative learning experiences.
Each member of the school community is motivated to be a life-long learner. We will equip everyone with the skills to achieve their full potential in a climate of mutual respect and personal responsibility.
STATEMENT OF AIMS:
- To provide a supportive, stimulating environment in which each child is enabled and encouraged to attain the highest standard of achievement of which he or she is capable.
- To ensure that the curriculum is broad and well balanced following all subjects in the National Curriculum.
- To value each individual’s contribution irrespective of race, gender, religion or ability.
- To encourage children to be aware of their behaviour and how it affects other people.
- To recognise that children have a variety of special needs and endeavour to provide appropriately for the needs of individuals.
- To ensure that the curriculum reflects the richness of our multi-cultural society.
- To foster and build on relationships with parents, governors and the wider community.
- To provide a planned process of staff development.
Aims and Objectives
Our main aim is to create a unified approach across the school in the provision and maintenance of book collections in the main libraries and classroom collections.
Aims of the libraries/classroom collections:
- To raise standards of pupils’ achievements across the whole curriculum
- to develop independent learning skills
- to support personal reading for pleasure
Aims of the central libraries:
- To provide a core collection of non-fiction books for teacher reference.
- To provide core collections for children to learn information skills, such as using books effectively for research.
- To provide opportunities for children to read for pleasure
- To teach children how to use, handle and respect books
- To promote libraries as places which provide enjoyable and exciting activities
- To provide opportunities for children and their families to take part in literacy related activities, such as book clubs and shadowing book awards
- To provide opportunities to access relevant information online about books, research and authors
- Long-term aim: in addition, to provide fiction suitable for the entire age and ability range, to include series by well-known authors, joke books, books for reluctant and advanced readers, dual language books etc.