At Knights Enham Junior School we provide…
Inclusive and ambitious learning experiences where our school community feels safe and motivated to achieve their best.
‘Together We Achieve’
In line with the national curriculum for science we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science inquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future
Children are taught science weekly through topic based lessons across Upper and Lower KS2.
Working scientifically skills are embedded in the planning to ensure progression of skills and knowledge. Children are given opportunities and encouraged to:
- ask simple questions and recognise that they can be answered in different ways
- observe closely, using simple equipment
- perform simple tests
- identify and classify
- use their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- gather and record data to help answer questions