The school is working tirelessly to improve outcomes for our pupils. As part of this drive in raising attainment we produce regular plans to ensure we focus our work on the things which will have most impact. We currently are working on our 'Brave, Brilliant, Beyond' development plan.
Our key areas for development this year are:
- Further develop the high quality teaching and learning across the school to ensure pupils make significant progress from their starting points.
- Further develop systematic and effective use of Assessment for Learning (AfL), ensuring children at all levels (PPG, HA, SEN, EAL) are consistently challenged in their learning.
- Embed the new school vision and ethos, including Rights Respecting Education (RRE), across the curriculum, ensuring that it runs through all teaching and learning within the school.
- Leaders to ensure that the progress of disadvantaged pupils is regularly monitored across all year groups, ensuring gaps are quickly identified and effective interventions are used to close the gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged children.
- Improve attendance rates for all groups of children and reduce number of persistently absent pupils (PA).
- Ensure safeguarding remains at the highest profile within the school culture.
- Linking school behaviour systems with new school vision/ethos.
- Develop stronger collaborative links with local Infant school to create a wider sense of consistency and community for the embitterment of the pupils and their parents.